Vasile Florian PĂIȘ, PhD
Senior Researcher III
- 2015-2019 Ph.D. student in Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing) at the Romanian Academy. Thesis title: “Contributions to semantic processing of texts; Identification of entities and relations between textual units; Case study on Romanian language”. Publicly presented on 09.12.2019.
- 2006-2008 MSc. in E-Business, Faculty of Cybernetics, Statistics and Informatics, Bucharest University of Economic Studies. Thesis title: “Utilizarea serviciilor web pentru facilitarea comunicarii intre firme”.
- 2001-2006 B.Sc. in Computer Science, Department of Computer Science, Polytechnic Institute of Bucharest, Romania.
- 2018-present Scientific Researcher III at RACAI
- 2004-2018 Scientific Researcher III, National Institute for Laser, Plasma and Radiation Physics (INFLPR). I was involved in the development of high-performance services and platforms in national and international projects, processing large data volumes.
- CoRoLa – development of the Speech component Corpus Query Platform (OCQP), training of word embeddings
- RETEROM – participate in the development of the RELATE platform
- Marcell – participate in creation of the annotation pipeline and ensuring sustainability through Dockerization approaches
- Presidency – integration of the translation EN-RO, RO-EN tools in the RELATE platfor
- IEEE Computer Society
- IEEE Cloud Computing Community